Andi and I, now that the Readathon is over until October, are ready to get back to The Estella Society and a few of the projects we have lined up over there. One we are especially excited about this very moment is The Estella Project. You might remember that awhile back, we asked our readers to submit the title of one NOT TO BE MISSED book.
You guys were a little shy. Performance anxiety??? But we still came up with a pool of 10 books on which to base our little experiment.
Bestest of the Bestest According to Estella Readers:
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman
- Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini
- The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
- Bad Science by Ben Goldacre
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
Now, the challenge, should you choose to accept it….
Read any three of the books from the list between May 6th and September 1st. That’s four full months.
Yeah, that’s it. We want you to tell us about them, of course! As you finish, link up below so we can enjoy your reviews. For those who manage to finish three books by September 1st, there’s a $20 Amazon gift card in it for you. Woot!
Head on over to The Estella Society as you read, please?
I think I’m going to be reading the last three. I have several respected friends who list The Sparrow as a favorite, Debi highly recommends Bad Science, and I have such a love/hate relationship with John Irving that I’m curious what I’ll think of one of his more beloved books.