It’s that time of year again. The time to decide just which books get to come with me to the beach this year. This year will be a little different. Since I’m pregnant and as big as a house, I will probably be doing a lot more sitting and reading than usual. No running in the surf this year for me! Plus we will be driving probably 5 hours (or more). I’m looking at lots of reading time. Yay! So I’m thinking of taking 4 books. But which ones to take?!?! It is such an agonizing decision! (My husband thinks I’m nuts.) Here are the top 10 books I’m considering. Any input?
- The Terror by Dan Simmons
- The Naming by Alison Croggon
- The Dark Mirror by Juliet Marillier
- Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl (Continuing my renewed love affair with foodie books)
- The Oxford Book of Gothic Tales by Chris Baldick (recent mooch. Looks SO good!)
- Stuffed: Adventures of a Restuarant Family by Patricia Volk (another foodie book)
- Thirsty by M.T. Anderson
- The Last Samurai by Helen Dewitt (have had it for-EVAH!)
- The Burning Time by Robin Morgan
- Blue Latitudes by Tony Horowitz (travel lit, sounds good for a beach trip!)
And I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if none of these made the trip with me! LOL
And don’t forget, the all new Estella’s Revenge hits the net tomorrow! It’s a great issue! Be sure to come by, read, and maybe throw out a comment or two!
PS: Hubby at interview as I type this. All parts crossed people!!!