I moved Monday rambles to this day because, well, because I can!
What a busy week, eh? BBAW was awesome this year. I found so many new bloggers, heard about so many new books…just general awesomeness all around. Kudos again, to My Friend Amy, for pulling off such a fantastic event.
Reading sort of fell to the wayside for me this week. I don’t feel like I read anything! I started The Belly of Paris by Emilie Zola, The Black Count by Tom Reiss, Partials by , and The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood (in audio). So far The Handmaid’s Tale is the only one to really STICK, even though I’m enjoying the other three. I’ve read like 7 or 8 books since the beginning of September however, so maybe my brain just needed a break.
Or maybe I’m a little overwhelmed by Other Things (see below).
Had a big week over at The Estella Society. We:
- Announced: Estella Society Co-Hosts Dewey’s Read-a-Thon!
- did some Book Blogger Appreciation Week Appreciation of our own.
- Had a Genre Cage Match: The Romance Rumble!
- Had some Thoughts on Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk, one of my favorite books ever.
- Reviewed at the halfway point of The Little Stranger. Lots of great posts on the book linked here!
- Read It a Little Old School with Daphne du Maurier
All in all a great week! Check in next week with our wrap up of The Little Stranger, the 100 Chapter Books Readalong kickoff with The Wizard of Oz, and more. Always, always more.
I might have made me one of these: Chunky Crocheted Basket. Well, almost finished it. I have to get a bit more yarn… I’ll post a picture when I finish.
I’m almost finished with my big granny afghan as well. I’m on the last two squares, then I just have to join and give it a border. I can’t wait!
Again, will post a picture when I’m finished. Maybe next Sunday?
That’s all for me today. Have to go get the kiddos ready for church. Have a happy Sunday everyone!