What am I thinking? WHAT am I thinking? I know what I’m thinking. I’m thinking I want to read a book with all my friends. And all my friends want to read The Stand. By Stephen King. An author who scares the stuffing out of me, despite the fact I’ve only read ONE of his scary books (Misery) and his book about writing (which I actually enjoyed!). Yes. My name is Heather and I am a Stephen-King-Wuss.
Trish’s Standalong Get to Know You
1. What makes you want to read The Stand?
All the cool kids (my very best blogging buddies) are doing it!
2. Describe your preconceived notions of The Stand.
My preconceived notion of The Stand is the same as my preconceived notion of Stephen King and that is, mainly, SCARY.
3. What was the last scary(ish) book you read or movie you saw?
I don’t normally go in for such things. Actually, I avoid them at all costs.
4. Which version of the book will you be reading from?
I got the uncut version. *gulp*
5. What are you previous experiences with Stephen King?
I read Misery when I was a teen, to see what King was actually about. Scared the pants off me. I’ve also read his book On Writing, which I actually enjoyed quite a lot.
6. Anything else you’d like to add (bonus points for being extra random).
HOLD MY HAND PEOPLE. HOLD. MY. HAND.
So, if you have the balls to join us, we’ll be reading The Stand this summer. Here are all the deets. Do join us. So you can hold my hand.