– The April Readathon. The sign ups. They are HERE. Woot!
– If you should like to volunteer… I highly recommend cheerleading…it is all the fun… do it HERE. I plan on doing both like last year. I had such a blast and the cheerleading was a good break from reading.
– If there is ever one piece of advice you ever take from me, please let it be this. If you have NOT seen The Hunger Games movie and want to, do not reread the books before hand. It only leads to disappointment. Don’t get me wrong, the movie was all right. Just not as utterly fantastic as the books. I felt like they maybe assumed the audience had read the books; a lot was left out.
– Also, Lenny Kravitz as Cinna? Absolutely perfect. After this latest reread I’m almost certain Cinna is my favorite character, after Peeta.
– Best part? Hubby has finally agreed to listen to the book!
– Speaking of The Hunger Games, one of my favorite YA authors, Kristen Cashore, posted her thoughts on the series after rereading the books (like I just did!) before seeing the movie. It’s worth a read.
– I don’t know if this is the norm or if it is only because I’m actually paying attention, but I have read the same amount of books I’ve listened to so far this year. 10+10. Which is awesome, I hope it continues.
– Now that I ripped through The Hunger Games trilogy in a week, I’m left wondering which audiobook to listen to next. Perhaps The Chaos Walking series? I’ve been meaning to reread it. Incidentally, I discovered yesterday, Lionsgate (which produced The Hunger Games) also owns the rights to that series.
– I’m off work the next two days. Thank you God that I have 5 weeks vacation. It’s the only good thing about my job. I hope to play in my garden and do lots of reading. Hence, the need for an audiobook!
– That’s all I can think of at the moment. Apologizes for all the Hunger Games thoughts; my head is still in the games. I finished Mockingjay last night and it’s all I can think of. That ending. It has my brain, feeling all the things.