Disappear for a week and look what happens. I get tagged in not one, but two of these question memes! Andi got me first, so I’m going to answer her questions today. Chris also got me, but I’m saving his questions for another day. Don’t want to make this tl;dr!
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post. (I’m cheating here. Questions to come…brain drain.)
4 Let them know you’ve tagged them! (See parentheses above.)
1. Who would rank on your list of crushworthy authors–either for their skillz or their cutiepieness?
Oh wow. This could take awhile. I’m going to limit myself to my top three, because we don’t have all day and I only have so much drool.
Big surprise, all three, I bet. All hot for their words. The looks are just bonus. A big, big bonus.
2. What is your favorite guilty pleasure book if you have guilty pleasure reading?
I’m not sure I feel guilty for anything I read. I take guilty pleasure reading to mean something I read when I need a pick-me-up and for that I turn to Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Pratchett especially for when I need a good laugh.
3. Which literary female heroine would you most like to be for a day and why?
Who wants to bet Andi would say Estella from Great Expectations?
For me, right this minute, I would pick Tiffany Aching, especially if she came with some Nac Mac Feegles. After the week I just had, I need some giggles.
4. Which television female heroine would you most like to be for a day and why?
Sarah Walker from Chuck. Because she’s married to Chuck (Zachary Levi) (swoon) and she can kick so much ass. Did I mention she’s married to Chuck?
5. If you found out you were preggers (stop hyperventilating) OR if you were buying for a friend or family member, which children’s book would you consider a MUST HAVE for beginning a child’s library?
I know you said book, but I’m ignoring you. I’m reading it as BOOKS because, like potato chips, you can’t have just one.
Well, seeing as I’ve already been through this, twice, I’ll just say which books I DID consider MUST HAVE when beginning my children’s library. Dr. Seuss (The Cat in the Hat most especially, but we have lots), Where the Wild Things Are, The Hobbit, Winnie the Pooh (I just typed poof. Oops.), Anne of Green Gables, and many others. They have a TON of books. Their shelf overfloweth. Seriously. I step on books occasionally, when I pass through to do laundry. Their bookshelves are dangerous.
6. Do you have a favorite independent or small press? Why do they rock?
It’s terrible of me, but I rarely pay attention to who published a book. This has got to change, and very soon!
7. Have you read any independent or undersung books lately? Something that’s been flying under the bloggy radar?
I’ve been reading so many older books lately! I know. I think EVERYONE should read John Marsden’s Tomorrow series. Begin with Tomorrow, When the War began and hold on to your seat.
8. What’s on repeat on your MP3 player? (Selfish, I need new music.)
I’m at a weird place in my music life. I have an employee who insists on keeping his radio on THAT station. You know, the one that plays all those earworms we ALL hate? Yeah, that station. By the time I leave work, I don’t want anything with words in it. So I’ve been listening to a lot of, well, I guess you call it instrumental. A lot of piano, some orchestral stuff, not necessarily classical, even though I DO listen to some classical. My playlist includes (and I’m linking to a favorite song on YouTube if you are interested) Max Richter (LOVE HIM), Library Tapes, Daft Punk (believe it or not, the Tron: Legacy soundtrack is awesome), Apocolyptica (the ones without words, obvs), Doug Hammer, Eluvium, David, Nevue, Peter Broderick, Philip Wesley, Two Steps from Hell (this song, Nero, is the one most often on repeat), Johann Johannasson, and Murray Gold. 10 points if you know who Murray Gold is. PS: My kids ADORE Murray Gold.
9. If you would be any pair of shoes, what would they be (feel free to refer to Pinterest or Google Image Search)?
10. If you won a million dollars, what would you do first?
Quit my job. Nuff said.
11. Adult beverage of choice?
I have recently discovered a couple of wines I actually like. Chardonnay and Zinfandel. Also discovered Pinot Grigio at Biltmore this past week. Yum.
Tune in, probably tomorrow, for my answers to Chris’s questions!