Come away O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world’s more full of weeping
than you can understand.
- William Butler Yeats, “The Stolen Child’
Do you have any idea how much I need this right now? To loose myself in fairy tales and legends and folklore and all the stories I love so much? Every spring I say this is my favorite challenge. In the Fall I’ll say it’s RIP. I’m looking for a little healing right now. Hopefully I’m going to find it.
I am doing Quest the First.
Here is my pool:
- Faery Tale: One Woman’s Search for Enchantment in the Modern World by Signe Pike
- Rose by Jeff Smith
- Tall Tales by Jeff Smith
- Quest for the Spark by Jeff Smith
- Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
- Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Book of Faery by OR Melling
- Arcadia Falls by Carol Goodman
- In Ashes Lie by Marie Brennan
- Midnight Never Come by Marie Brennan
- Burning Your Boats by Angela Carter
- The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
- Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
- War for the Oaks by Emma Bull
- Fitcher’s Brides by Gregory Frost
- White as Snow by Tanith Lee
- Jack of Kinrowan: Jack the Giant Killer and Drink Down the Moon by Charles de Lint
- Into the Green by Charles de Lint
- Waifs and Strays by Charles de Lint
- The Wild Wood by Charles de Lint
- Summer Tree by Guy Gavriel Kay
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien
- The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien
- The Return of the King by JRR Tolkien
- The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones
- Beauty by Sheri S. Tepper
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
and on and on and on…. that’s just the tip of the iceburg. Oh, I’m so happy spring, and the Once Upon a Time challenge, is here!