And it’s turning 50.
Parties are planned throughout the country and I think I’m going to have one too. Here. On my blog. In the month of July. I’m going to reread it, along with my buddies Amanda at The Blog Jar and Andi at Tripping Toward Lucidity, and you can join in too, if you want. A nice, small To Kill a Mockingbird Challenge. There are so many things to do to celebrate:
- Reread To Kill a Mockingbird or listen to the audio book, read by Sissy Spacek
- Read Scout, Atticus, and Boo: A Celebration of 50 Years of To Kill a Mockingbird by Mary McDonagh Murphy – which comes out this week!
- Read the biography of Harper Lee, Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee, by Charles J. Shields
- See (hopefully) the documentary Hey, Boo
- Watch the 2005 film Capote with Catherine Keener playing Harper Lee
- Watch the 2006 film Infamous with Sandra Bullock playing Harper Lee
- Watch the movie adaptation of To Kill a Mockingbird, staring Gregory Peck
And that’s just everything I can think of right now, off the top of my head! Every… let’s say Monday… of July, I’ll post about To Kill a Mockingbird and any post you have on it, you can link to it, whether you read the book, see a movie, or, oh, whatever you do! So, are you in? I hope so. Maybe I’ll have prizes. You just never know with me! (I’m leaning towards there being prizes!) Either way, we’ll have fun, reading this timeless American classic together.
Be sure to visit the official 50th anniversary blog for more badges and fun things!