It’s almost April and that means it’s time for me to host my first ever Mini Challenge!!! One of my favorite sub-genres in the Graphic Novel universe is the nonfiction. There is so much great work going on here and, in my opinion, some of the best nonfiction out there. Not only are you getting the story, you are getting images, making the story that much more powerful, moving, life-changing and unforgettable.
To spice things up a bit, I’m going to offer a prize pack. Yes, a PACK. Just a little incentive to get you reading. For every book you read for this challenge this month, you get one entry in the pot.
Oh, I figure a few goodies; a graphic novel or two, some book marks, and other bookish goodies. Don’t worry, it’ll be good. I’m just not exactly sure WHAT yet. I expect I’ll tailor make it to the winner. Don’t want to give girl things to a boy or vice versa! But it will be good!
Here are some possibilities that you could read. And I would love it if you could post some suggestions in comments; I’ll add them to my TBR AND my list!
- Maus I & II by Art Speigelman
- In the Shadow of No Towers by Art Speigelman
- French Milk by Lucy Knisley
- Blankets by Craig Thompson
- Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
- Persepolis: The Story of a Return by Marjane Satrapi
- Chicken with Plums by Marjane Satrapi
- Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
- Stitches by David Small
- Pride of Baghdad by Brian K. Vaughn
- Satchel Paige
- A. D.: New Orleans After the Deluge by Josh Neufeld
- Ethel & Ernest: A True Story by Raymond Briggs
- Epileptic by David B.
- The Imposter’s Daughter: A True Memoir by Laurie Sandell
And so many, many more.
So sign up here (any time between today and April 30) and I’ll be watching at the main Graphic Novels Blog to see what you read! Have fun and GOOD LUCK!
Edit: So, Mr. Linky doesn’t seem to like me, so just sign up in comments. That makes things easier. 🙂