But when Bart at Bart’s Bookshelf was *kind* enough to let me know he was hosting a YA Dystopian Lit Challenge, I just knew had to do it. I mean, YA Dystopian Lit is like my FAVORITE thing. EVER. Better than a Krispee Kreme donut. Seriously.
Anyway, he’s made it SUPER easy.
So, here I am, starting The YA Dystopian Reading Challenge! Taking place from October 15th through to the end of the year. (So yes, those 24 Hour Read-a-Thon books will count!)
The idea is to have fun with this, and as I know with the year-end rapidly approaching, thoughts will be turning to completing all the other challenges we are all signed up to! So your level of participation is up to you, simply pick a target of between 1 & 4 books to read during the two and a half months of the challenge.
I have quite a few piled up ready to go, including:
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Rivers of Fire by Patrick Carman
- The Dark Planet by Patrick Carman
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
- Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden
And I’m sure there are a few more floating around here. I am so excited about this one! I know I can finish this one by the end of the year. Care to join me?
Is there a Dystopian novel you think I should read?