because I’m going on like, 4 hours, of sleep and I can’t think straight. Honestly, if I tried to write a review right now, I’m not sure it would make much sense. I’m not even sure this makes much sense, but I’m trying!
- Who the heck put Diablo Cody in charge of a screen adaptation of the Sweet Valley High series? (Variety) I mean really. WTF? WHY? And who will plan Elizabeth and Jessica? Surely the Olsen twins are way to old. And Todd? Who will play Todd???
- Dude. Nymeth just keeps on adding to my TBR wish list thingy. Seriously, her review of Mortal Love makes it sound sooooo fabulous. Thank goodness my library has a copy. Yeah, and I had to add The Stress of Her regard to my list too. She is BAD on my TBR. Bad!
- Win a copy of Night Runner from The Story Siren. It sounds pretty good!
For Zack Thomson, living in the Nicholls Ward isn’t so bad. After his parents died, he developed strange and severe allergies, and the mental institution was the only place where he could be properly looked after. As strange as it was, it was home. He could watch as much television as he wanted; his best friend Charlie visited him often enough; and Nurse Ophelia–the prettiest no-nonsense nurse ever–sometimes took him bowling. Of course, that didn’t mean he had it easy. His allergies restricted his diet to strawberry smoothies, and being the only kid at the hospital could get lonely. But it never once crossed Zack’s mind to leave…until the night someone crashed through the front doors and told him to run. Now he’s on a race for answers–about his past, his parents, and his strange sickness–even as every step takes him closer to the darkest of truths.
- Adele at Persnickety Snark (My goodness, I just love that name) is having an International YA Book Blogger Celebration this week. She’s featured a few of my favorite bloggers, you should check them all out.
- Don’t forget, next week is Banned Books Week, sponsored by the American Library Association(ALA) and other organizations to raise awareness about challenged titles. Do you plan on reading anything special to celebrate? Do you have a favorite Banned Book you think I should read? I think I might try to get a copy of Fahrenheit 451.