So, if you’ve been following me for the last couple of days, you’ll know I’ve been teasing something. I’m so excited to finally say WHAT. Andi and I are hosting RIP X this year. Carl asked us to help out and, well, we practically jumped out of our skin at the chance. Head on over to The Estella Society to sign up now!
So, since we’re discussing RIP X *squee!* you know I’ve already made my list. I’m mainly focusing on Peril the First, which is to read four books that fit the criteria of RIP: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, Supernatural.
- Let Me Tell You by Shirley Jackson
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
- Eleanor by Jason Gurley
- The Sleep Garden by Jim Krusoe
- Strange Girl by Christopher Pike
- The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue
- The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
- The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman
- Jackaby by William Ritter
- The Poison Eaters and Other Stories by Holly Black
- The Quick by Lauren Owen
- The Removers by Andrew Meredith
And these are just the books on my iPad. I have several audio books lined up and actual real, live books, to, like, hold in my hand and turn the pages myself and stuff. I’m also entertaining another reread of Dracula. I wouldn’t mind listening to the superb full cast production Audible did a couple years ago. It is SO good.
We’re also doing a readalong of The Quick by Lauren Owen, which I’m really excited about. Sign up now!!!!