If you follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Tumblr, you may have noticed, I got a new camper.
I’ve wanted to replace our poor, broken camper, that died a painful death last year, ever since the accident, so I am beyond happy. I’m blissful. SO blissful. And bursting with ideas, because you know the first thing I did was consult Pinterest for ideas. And by golly, did I find some! I found redecorating ideas:
This is the first thing I want to do. Except maybe not with those covers. They are way too perky for me.
Then there is all the food to make!
I can’t wait to go camping!
Another thing I’ve been plotting is birthday’s. My son is constantly changing his mind on what kind of party he wants. Last I heard, he wants a Kirby party. No, wait, I just asked and now it is a BeyBlade party. This mama has little to NO idea what BeyBlades ARE exactly, but I know he went nuts when he saw this cake:
Daughter, at this moment, wants a Camping Party. Something along the lines of this:
I’m seriously in love with this cake.
That’s all I’m loving on this week. Between getting Estella ready to go for Wednesday (eek!!!) and school starting tomorrow (you guys! I have a third grader! AH!), I don’t know which end is up. I’m ready to get all this stuff going already!
Have a great week everyone!
on a Sunday….
My son just watched this about 6 times. It’s made of awesome. And Joss Whedon.
So, awhile back I asked for some music recommendations. And you guys came through for me! Thank you for the comments, the emails (Chris sent an EPIC email, it will take months to get through it all! Yay me!), and CDs (thanks to my Jilly Beene!). So, I’ve been exploring…and have found a few things I want to share!
I discovered what you call David Garrett’s music. Finally. It’s Classical Crossover and there are whole websites dedicated to it! There’s lots of opera and other stuff, which I’m not quite into, yet, but there is the instrumental side, which I adore. I love classical music, but I’m a rocker chick too, so I love these rocking takes on classical music. I’ve heard of this group before, Escala, but never listened much. I’m hooked now you guys.
And then there is Vanessa Mae (Vivaldi Techno):
Plus, um, isn’t she gorgeous? (Toccota & Fugue):
My Andi gave me this:
Commenter Becker gave me Girlyman. Supernova is teh awesome! The music starts around 1:30…
Kathy gave me Mumford & Sons and The Black Keys! Black Keys – Toughen Up:
I’m still exploring all the suggestions, so I will report again in a couple of weeks.
Lastly, I cannot WAIT for Paranorman!!!
It’s been quite awhile since I’ve done one of these, so I thought what the heck. I’ll share a few things I’m loving this week.
I’m sure by now my love of owls is well known. *sarcasm* I LOVE THESE and I want them now please. While we’re at it, I’ll take both of these. Might as well complete the set, yes?
I finally tried baking the bacon. And Oh. My. GOSH. Why didn’t I try it sooner? I will never fry bacon again! No more grease burns! Bake your bacon people.
I can’t wait to try that with BLTs.
I’m excited to try this book, after Jen at Devourer of Books reviewed it. It sounds really good!
Thinking of trying these today. What do you think? They are zucchini pickles by the way. Yeah, I’m not sure either, but I AM curious. It’s either this or more Blueberry Lime Jam because I. am. addicted. to. it.
So, what are you loving this week? And what are you up to this weekend? Other than getting new tires and canning things, I’m not sure I’m doing anything. Oh, except making more headway with The Stand.
– First thing I LOVE is you guys! Huge huge thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on my post about The Princess Bride on Thursday. I am so thankful you recognized the actually pain I feel at finding I have a problem with my favorite book. I’m still struggling a bit with it, but you made me feel so. much. better. LOVE you guys.
– My garden! I am loving my garden! I bought my herbs today, so once I get them in the ground and my potatoes and onions planted, I’m good to go for this season. I can’t WAIT for fresh tomatoes and basil! And baby peaches!
– Speaking of gardens, I found quite a few things I want to do in it on Pinterest this week. I’m dying to make one of these portable greenhouses. I also plan to make this homemade pest spray and this was made. for. me:
– Made some Rosemary Jelly with Orange and Lemon last night. It is so pretty! And really, really yummy. I was worried the rosemary would be overwhelming, but it’s really quite perfect. Time to make some more biscuits!
– Lastly, I am seriously craving some of this:
Also, FoodGawker is Teh Awesome.
Have a great weekend!
Honestly, this seems to be the only think I love today. At least so far. I’ve listened to it about 20 times this morning and I don’t see it slowing anytime soon. Well, that, and also this:
I am very happy Kelly introduced me to The Civil Wars yesterday. Thank you Kelly!
I’ve hit a bit of a cooking slump, which happens way more than I would like too. This has led me to look at a ton of recipes this week, seeking inspiration. Here are a few things I’m wanting to try:
Cranberry Chicken from Family Recipe Box. That picture just makes me drool.
Rotisserie Chicken in the Crock Pot from Busy Mommy. Apparently I’m craving chicken.
And lastly, Blackened Chicken with Roasted Garlic Alfredo from Plain Chicken.
I’ve also found a few books I want to add to my TBR, which I can actually add books to said TBR.
Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail. Isn’t it ironic that the author’s last name is Strayed? Inevitable comparisons to Bill Bryson have been made, which, well, suckered me into wanting to read it. PR FTW!
Zibilee has me wanting to read The Face Thief by Eli Gottlieb even more than I already did. I read Now You See Him back in 2009 and, while I didn’t love it, it did really stay with me, which always brings my admiration of any book up. Plus, I’m interested to see how this author has grown.
After many urgings from Jenn at Devourer of Books, Irish at Ticket to Anywhere, and Kathy at Bermuda Onion, I’m getting Ready Player One today. I can’t wait to start it!
Also, Renay and Jodie and rebooting NerdsHeartYA and they want help. If you want to help, check out this post to find out how! I love NerdsHeartYA!
What are you loving today?
Have a great weekend everybody!
This is my Valentine’s edition. There are so many fun looking things to do for Valentine’s day!
1. Heart wreath. I think this is adorable. I just wish I had some trees. 2. Homemade glitter! For real yo! 3. And again, I wish I could draw better. 4. Crayon valentines!! 5. No Valentine’s is complete without sweets. 6. Hmmm…might be time for me to learn how to do embroidery. 7. You know why I love this. It’s an owl valentine!! 8. Um, yeah, sweets again. Aren’t they cute!? 9. Love coupons! Love it! 10. I don’t know why, but this strikes me as one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. 11. Darwin Valentine! I love it! 12. You know, this is how my hubby proposed. With a real fortune cookie though. It’s a great story.
So, here are a few ideas to make your Valentine’s day something special. And you know where to look for more!
I’ve shown you all the crafts, food and other goodies you can find on Pinterest, but I haven’t really shown you the books. I myself pin book reviews that compel me to want to read a book and so do many others. Here are the books I’ve pinned in the last few weeks that I just can’t wait to read.
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It won’t be long now!!!!! 2. Ana (of things mean a lot) guest posted on The Booksmuggler’s Website about books she can’t wait to read next year. Reflections by Diana Wynne Jones was one of them. I haven’t read Diana yet (I know, I know) but I know how beloved she was. A book on her thoughts on writing sounds magical. 3. Rebecca from Rebecca Reads recently reviewed Ragnarok by AS Byatt and damn, but I can’t wait to get my hands on that. I should have put it on my Christmas list. 4. Booked All Week reviewed a book I wanted to read but kinda forgot about: The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester. I’m glad I was reminded! 5. BethFishReads posted about what sounds like a great foodie book: The Table Comes First by Adam Gopnik. 6. This book, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, has already kicked my butt one time. Eva just makes it sound so fantastic though, I think I may have to try again. 7. Ana again: The Last Dragon by Jane Yolen. 8. Melissa, The Book Nut, has me ready to run out and buy the new Chris Van Allsburg Right. Now. 9. Lastly, Vasilly got me, (almong with others, but hers is the one I pinned) wanting to read The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt. And look at that, I am!
Is there anything you’ve been dying to read, thanks to a book blogger?
Ooooo what a busy time of the year! I’ve been so busy, I’ve barely had time to put together one of these posts! You will see some of the things to blame; I’ve been so busy creating! Perhaps I will do a post of things I’ve made thanks to Pinterest soon. 🙂
I feel I should add, earlier this year we lost almost all our Christmas ornaments when they decided to go skiing down the attic steps. 🙁 So I’m making a BUNCH to make up for it!
1. Crochet stars (I’m making a bunch to string together, like in this picture. Still don’t know if I’m going to put them on the tree or hang them somewhere. Thoughts? 2. Reuben dip. Reuben Dip. Reuben Dip. Yum. 3. THESE frames. THESE. Adorable. And $1. 4. I’m sure why, but I think this is adorable. I totally want to make some. 5. Isn’t he just the cutest thing???? 6. If you wanted to get me a Christmas present, I want this. 7. This is so me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been drunk on words. Usually after a readathon. 8.Obviously, I need to get some felt. I want this too. 9. And this one too. 10. The dormant band geek in me loves this one. 11. Making this recipe this week. It looks soooooo yummy. 12. Homemade. Glitter. The 8-year-old in me is literally shaking with excitement. 13. All together now: Awwww! 14. Seriously, I need some felt! 15. Um, yeah. More felt. 16. Pretty pretty scarf.
Have you been making anything for Christmas? I’d love to hear about it!
Sorry it’s a bit late. I have bronchitis, so I figured I’d do it between codeine doses. You know, while I’m sober. lol
1. I am totally making myself one of these iPod covers. So cute! 2. I really really really want to read this book. 3 I love potato gratin, so this skinny version is on my to-do list. 4. Gorgeous! This yarn is insanely expensive, but the stitch is free. Woot! 5. A Give Thanks tree for Thanksgiving. I think I’ll do this with the kiddos. 6. I really want to make myself a granny square afghan sooner or later. I think this one is adorable! 7. Pumpkin! And goat cheese! Pies! Love! 8. I don’t know about you, but I think this is brilliant. Basket weave your bacon for BLTs! 9. Loaded Baked Potato Soup. Would be wonderful for my poor throat…. 10. I’ve already got the yarn and the foam wreath, it’s just a matter of time now. 11. I’m already halfway through this lovely lovely scarf. 12. Pumpkin Jam. With cardamon. Oh yes, it will be made. 13. I love these sweet little Christmas ornaments! They are so sweet!!! 14. Orange Ginger Tea. I need this so very badly! 15. I am totally in love with this herb garden. 16. Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Pioneer Woman. What I wouldn’t do for a bowl of this right now! I can’t wait to feel better!
What new and interesting things did you find to love this week? I want to hear all about it!
Look out world, I have figured out how to crochet/knit and read at the same time! And I ain’t talking audiobooks, although that IS a great way to do it too. No, I mean print! Hurray!
1. I am determined to make myself a pair of socks. I tried the knit way and whoa. That is hard. Imma gonna try the crochet way. 2. Think I’ll make the girl a pair too. (I think I want a pair like this myself!) 3. And these are too adorable for words. 4. I want a baby owl. *pout* 5. Meanwhile, the food this week reached epic levels. I will try this Broccoli-Cheese soup from the Pioneer Woman. 6. I’m not sure there is anything I love more than Tomato Basil Soup. This looks easy and delicious! 7. And hello there, Pumpkin Gingerbread! I think you may be my new best friend. 8. Cranberry salsa. I have to admit, I am intrigued. 9. I wish I had a closet like this. Not for the kids; for me! 10. I made that. 11. I made that too. 12. And a few of these. They are drying. And really kinda cool looking! 13. Wanting to make these…just need to figure out where I could hang it… 14. And some of my favorite words of the week. Everyone needs a Mr. Darcy. 15. Oh Adele, how you saved me this week. 16. This is why I love Pinterest. 🙂
So enjoy these pins while I go work on my daughter’s cowl and figure out what I’m going to read. The Scarlett Letter or The Colour of Magic? What do you think?