1. Chai Latte. Where have you been all my life? Seriously. I die without it.
2. Coloring books. It’s not COMPLETELY new, I’ve been coloring (and drawing and such) for a long time, but in the last couple of weeks it has reached near obsession. Buying Johanna Basford’s Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest DID NOT HELP.
3. Pasta. Again, not new, but since going Gluten Free I have had a super hard time finding one I like. Now I have two! I had alfredo the other night and I HAPPY. Two years without good ole pasta with tomatoes, olive oil, fresh basil, and parmesan is a freaking long time.
4. YouTube. Hey, I didn’t say they were NEW or OLD favorite things. Sure, YouTube has been around a VERY LONG TIME, I just never paid it much attention (except for you, my dear Andi!) but now, suddenly, I am waking up to the marvels of YT. I’m learning InDesign, getting coloring tips, and excellent book recommendations. Oh, and the occasional Jamestown Revival song:
or The Brothers Bright
5. Incidentally, I am really loving on some music right now. I went on a mission a month or so ago to find some new tunes and I hit the jackpot in a little genre called Southern Gothic. I’ve also seen it called Dark Americana, Americana, and other such things. It’s like the bastard lovechild of Southern Rock, Bluegrass, Folk, Rock, American Roots, and Country. With some soul and jazz thrown it. It includes old (Johnny Cash) and new (Delta Ray) and oh so much loveliness in between. It nurtures my repressed goth soul. Some of my favorites include the aforementioned Delta Ray, The Brothers Bright, Jamestown Revival, and others like Lucette, Dorothy, Sun Kil Moon, Kari Kimmel (Black is like the BEST SONG EVER), Whiskey Shivers, and yeah, I could go on and on. I’ll make you a playlist. I’m sure you won’t listen, but if you actually do, PLEASE let me know if you like any of it. I don’t know anyone who listens to this stuff!